The following forms, appropriate for the venue at which your team will compete, are required.
- The 2017 Intent to Participate (complete form, scan and email a PDF (Portable Document Format) to email@example.com, or mail a hard copy to Gary Widdison, Los Angeles Regional Science Olympiad, Los Angeles County Office of Education, Clark Building, CIS 9300 Imperial Highway, Downey, California 90242-2890, FAX: (562) 401-5405)
- Payment of Team Registration fee (required to complete a team's registration; pay online or mail a check; no purchase orders)
- The 2017 Parental Release (for Occidental or Antelope Valley Colleges) (bring one, signed, completed form for each student to Registration on the day of competition),
- 2017 Joint Photographic Consent and Release (bring one, signed, completed form for each student to Registration on the day of competition)
- 2017 Team Roster (bring completed form to Registration on day of competition)
2017 Intent to Participate
Certification that the School/School District recognizes that the LA Regional Science Olympiad is an official school function, will provide authorized school personnel to provide student supervision, will abide by team composition guidelines, will submit signed parent/guardian participation and release forms, and will provide liability insurance for the school's Science Olympiad team members, including staff and volunteers, participating in the Los Angeles Regional Science Olympiad competitions.
2017 Instructions for Certificate of Insurance
The Los Angeles Regional Science Olympiad program directors, in coordination with California State Science Olympiad program directors, the Southern California Association of Science Specialists (SCASS), and Occidental College/Antelope Valley College require that your school/district provide us with a "Certificate of Liability Insurance" or "Evidence of Coverage" Certificate in order to attend and participate in the Los Angeles Regional Science Olympiad program. Instructions for preparing and submitting a certificate of insurance can be downloaded here.
2017 Parental Release for Antelope Valley College
A Parental Release Form is required for all minor students attending and/or participating in the Los Angeles Regional Science Olympiad held at Antelope Valley College on Saturday, February 18, 2017. This form requires a parent signature and emergency contact information.
2017 Parental Release for Occidental College (421K)
A Parental Release Form is required for all minor students attending and/or participating in the Los Angeles Regional Science Olympiad held Occidental College on Saturday, March 4, 2017. This form requires a parent signature and emergency contact information.
2017 Joint Photographic Consent and Release
The Los Angeles Regional Science Olympiad, Antelope Valley College, and Occidental College need permission to use photographs, videotapes, motion pictures, digital pictures, of students and adults attending or participating in the Olympiad competition.
2017 Team Roster
Complete this roster of student team members and bring it to Registration Headquarters on the day of the competition.