Tentative Date • Division A, B, and C Competitions • Saturday, January 26, 2019 • Antelope Valley College
Tentative Date • Division B and C Competitions • Saturday, February 23, 2019 • Rio Hondo College
Tentative Date • Division A (only) Competition • Saturday, March 2, 2019, Occidental College
The Southern California rubric (http://www.socalstatescioly.org/downloads/2018 SoCal Game On Rubric.pdf) will be used in place of the rubric specified in the rules, and teams may submit images in advance according to the Southern California Game On rules changes at socalstatescioly.org (look for "Game On 2018 Changes" after clicking on the "State" menu).
Below are the submission instructions for the Rio Hondo competition:
• The theme is "Breakfast" and the game type is "Collection"
• Submitting files is optional and there will be no score penalty if a team chooses not to submit files in advance. However, teams should keep in mind that quality and originality of sprites and backgrounds is a component of the score, and that preparing files in advance can allow more time for other tasks during the competition.
• Images must be submitted by email to email@example.com
• Deadline: Game image submissions will be accepted up to 11:59 pm on February 23.
• When submitting, provide your team name and which competition you are submitting for (i.e. Rio Hondo regional)
• Only image files will be accepted (no .sprite2 files or other); "sprite" and "background" refers only to images, and not to sounds or code that may be included in .sprite2 files.
• Acceptable formats:
- a link to Dropbox / Google drive / online hosting where the images are stored
- attachment of individual images to the email
- archive format (like a .zip file) containing multiple images
• All game images must be in formats that can be imported by Scratch.
• Submitted images must not be password protected or encrypted.
• There will be a folder for each team on every computer station containing the submitted files. Each team will have access to the submitted files from their own team as well as every other team. Each team may use any of these resources.
• If submitted content was not created by the team members (I.e. downloaded from the internet), the source of the material must be cited and proof must be given that the material is under a creative commons / similar royalty-free license.
• Teams may revise their submissions with additional emails up to the submission deadline.
Important: Requests for Rules Clarifications for Rio Hondo College teams will close Friday, February 23, 2018 at 5:00 pm.
The PRELIMINARY scores for the Los Angeles County Science Olympiad competition at Antelope Valley College have been posted. All scores are under review and coaches have until 5 PM, Tuesday, February 20, 2018 to report possible discrepancies.
Volunteer assignments for the Los Angeles County Science Olympiad Division A competition at Occidental College on February 24, 2018 have been posted.
Your assistance providing volunteers is a critical component of our success. Each team is asked to be prepared to supply three adult volunteers on the day of the Science Olympiad. Assignments will vary and may include: assisting with the logistics of an event, monitoring students during the event, shuttling lunches to event supervisors, cleaning up after an event, keeping the impound area secure, or simply watching the door to be sure no one enters.
A FINAL Schedule of Events for the Division A Occidental College competition has been posted. It is provided now to aid in planning for the actual competition. NOTE: It possible that this event schedule will change–but not likely. This schedule may change depending on room availability, equipment or materials needs, or other conditions.