Self-Scheduled Event Registration
Some events in the Division B and Division C Science Olympiad tournaments are self-scheduled and the Los Angeles County Science Olympiad uses an online scheduling system for selected events. Teams must participate at their assigned time. Managing and scheduling students is part of the competition and there are no exceptions.
As we have in the past, we will be using the Event Sign Up System (ESUS) for self-scheduled event sign ups. To use the ESUS system a username and password will be emailed to the head coach of the team. Listed below are the dates for the Antelope Valley College and Rio Hondo College tournaments. Links to the self-scheduling system will not be activated until the dates posted.
Important dates for the Event Sign Up System for the Antelope Valley College competition:
- January 14, 5:00 PM - ESUS instructions, username, and password sent via email to the head coach of each team.
- January 22, 8:00 AM - ESUS opens for the Antelope Valley College tournament.
- February 2, 5:00 PM - ESUS closes for the Antelope Valley College tournament.
- February 17, 2018 - Antelope Valley College tournament date.
Important dates for the Event Sign Up System for the Rio Hondo College competition:
- January 28, 5:00 PM - ESUS instructions, username, and password sent via email to the head coach of each team.
- February 5, 8:00 AM - ESUS opens for the Rio Hondo College tournament.
- February 16, 5:00 PM - ESUS closes for the Rio Hondo College tournament.
- March 3, 2018 - Rio Hondo College tournament date.
Note that you will NOT be able to sign up for these events after February 2, 2018 for Antelope Valley College tournament and after February 16, 2018 at 5:01 pm for the Rio Hondo tournament. If you fail to sign up, you may not be able to participate in that event. As schedules and conditions permit, teams may be able to sign up on the morning of the Science Olympiad. Opportunity to sign up the day of the tournament may not be available and is not guaranteed.
Signing Up for Self-Scheduled Event Time Slots
Once you have logged in you will be taken to the page with different events and various time slots. By clicking on "Get this time" in the time slot you want, you will have selected that time for the event. The slot will turn green and read "Your Slot." If you decide to select another time slot for this event, click the "Get this time" button for a different time. Your orignal selection will be dropped automatically and assign you the new slot.
Sign up for each event is first-come first-served after ESUS is active. A team should sign up for one time slot for each of the self-scheduled events in which the team will participate. Each time slot is 1 hour long.
On the day of the event, each team which signed up for a particular time slot will show up at that event venue. A team demonstrates or tests their device according to the rules. The order in which the teams within the hour demonstrate or test their device will be determined on a first-come, first-served basis. It will be advantageous for teams to get the event at the beginning of the time slot.
Reviewing Event Time Choices
You can review the time slots which you have signed up for by clicking on the tab on the top that says "View Your Event Times." On this page, if you decide you do not want to participate in an event, you can click the "Drop Slot" button to drop your time for that event. You can also go back to select and/or change your times afterwards by clicking on "Select Event Times."
After the sign up period is over, you will no longer be able to select new or change existing time slot selections. You will, however, still be able to log in and see the events and times for which you have selected and reserved. To do so click on the "View Your Event Times" tab.
Events Requiring Impound of Devices
If the self-scheduled event requires impound, the device must be impounded during the time stated in the schedule. Per the Code of Ethics and General Rules, any person designated by the coach can bring a device for impound unless stated otherwise in the rules.
Note: For technical issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Links for Signing Up for Self-Scheduled Events
- Antelope Valley College Division B: http://esus.socalscioly.org/socal/avc/b/login.php
- Antelope Valley College Division C: http://esus.socalscioly.org/socal/avc/c/login.php
- Rio Hondo College Division B: http://esus.socalscioly.org/ESUS4/login.php?tid=7
- Rio Hondo College Division C: http://esus.socalscioly.org/ESUS4/login.php?tid=8